Saturday, March 3, 2012

Addictive iPad Becomes All Things

So after breaking down and buying my iPad 2 I did have some regrets. I was thinking of the iPad 2 as a replacement for my Gateway laptop which had died on me after years of loyal service - and problems. When I came to the realization that the iPad 2 has no disc drive, does not play Flash video, has no USB Port, and although the keyboard is excellent as tablets go, it is not the best keyboard to do allot of typing on while blogging. I also did not like the iTunes interface too much. I have since gotten more accustomed to it. My main gripe with iTunes is that after synching movies or albums to my iPad 2 from my PC, if I delete the file from my PC the icon disappears from my iPad 2 on subsequent synchs. The movie or album will still be on the iPad but the icon becomes a generic one. It pisses me off!



Another bizarre thing happened to me on iTunes. I bought my 11 year old daughter an iPod Touch. When she tried to register her iPod Touch with iTunes it would not let her create an account because she was not old enough. I told her to modify her birth date to make her 16 years old. iTunes still said she was too young... Eighteen years old also would not work, nor did 45 years old. Apple iTunes had recognized she was trying to fool the system. Big Brother was watching! Scary! So I let her install all of her Apps on her iPod Touch using my iTunes password, which I conveniently keyed in for her each time! Now the Apps on my iPad 2 are trying to synch wirelessly with my daughter's iPod Touch and vice versa. What a mess. Also, any games we both have are under my account and will not recognize that we are different players. What tangled webs we weave!

Top paid apps on the App Store

I have since gotten used to these drawbacks - I have also since purchased a new laptop which I am blogging on now. But, for me, the iPad 2 has it's charm. I have discovered an App for all things in my life. I read my books in iBooks, surf the web on the go in Safari, check the weather with the Weather App, stream video from my PC with VLC Streamer, watch Netflix and YouTube, socialize on Facebook and Tweet on Twitter, play unlimited free games, calculate, photograph, edit, watch TV, and use a plethora of other Apps for all things in life. And the iPad is so portable. I can throw it in my bag and bring it to work and have it on the go.

I now find myself terribly addicted to my iPad 2. All things must iPad! It's a way of life. My iPad serves it's purpose and so does my laptop. I don't have them confused anymore. So I'll check out Apps and review them on All Things Must iPad and I'll offer my observations on all things iPad both old and new. I'd love to hear what you have to say on All Things Must iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment